We had a very busy couple of days in the garden this weekend. On Saturday after noon i looked into the bee hives and still couldn't figure out where the ants where coming from. It occurred to me that they might be in the isolation in the sides of the trugstader. I called my boyfriend over who agreed that they could be in there. So after getting a bunch of tools he started to remove the sides to get into the isolation.
Sunday we where out in the garden all day. I was lucky that my daughter and her boyfriend where home so i put them to work removing an old lilac bush and a couple of hanging willows. I suspect it will be a few weeks before they decide to spend the weekend they really worked hard. It builds character.
Lars and I sanded the sides of the bee hives in preparation for a new coat of pant. This morning Lars comes up with the idea that maybe we should just replace the sides of the hives since they where so rotten. Why couldn't he have said that before we used most of the day yesterday sanding them down. I don't think i will ever understand men, he is probably right though they are really rotten.
I also managed to do my spring cleaning on the garden shed I wonder if i will ever start to just throw stuff away instead of just putting it in the shed where i have to then throw it away the following spring. Potatoes are also in the ground now. The garlic is looking grate and the strawberry plants are starting to grow. I just love spring......